Friday, May 30, 2014

Between the Sheets

Each Friday all the bedding is pulled off the bed, sheets are changed, the bed later remade. It's a ritual replayed in probably every home everywhere on whatever day they choose. There's something wonderful about climbing into a bed with clean sheets. The smell, the feeling of them -- it's like being held. Inviting. Recently, on a Friday evening we climbed into bed and mouse sighed, that contented happy sigh and felt embraced in lavender. It's a rinse we use only for bedding. Sir didn't notice anything -- not even that the sheets were different. How could he miss the smell? He took the default man or maybe husband position that he thought it was mouse.

We have another ritual at bedtime. Sir will toss all the pillows off the bed and onto the floor thst mouse painstakingly arranges each morning, with some satisfaction. Sometimes he'll muse about the connection between women and pillows.

The compliment isn't a serious one, since he doesn't really care what the bed looks like, so long as its made and not covered in flowers. He despises bedding with weeds covering it. To be honest though, between clean sheets and pillows mouse wouid take the feeling of clean sheets. So much so she's often considered washing them more often than once a week. But really it isn't practical. The only time however mouse will put off the ritual changing of sheets is when he's traveling. Often then mouse will put it off as long as she can stand the thought. It's like when she'll wear a shirt he's worn recently to bed, it smells like him. If he's gone for a few days, she will wait to put on clean sheets when she knows he's around thirty minutes from home!

Well we never suggested mouse wasn't quirky.

 

9 comments:

  1. I was worried about you because your other blog is no longer available. This post, however, makes me feel like everything is all right in your life. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I am not permitted to blog so I can't invite you to follow me but I have read your blog for a long time. Nearly daily! I would be happy to provide my ne and email if you are open to more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! I have read your blog for a long time. If I were permitted to blog I would invite you to follow me. 😄 I would love to be able to continue reading the power exchange, it is a huge help to me in the life I live with my Husband. Will you be opening up to other readers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, mouse! I posted twice. It looked like the first one didn't go through so I sent a second. Just call me Ditto! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you Mouse. Oh yes, there is nothing like nice clean sheets. He doesn't really seem to notice or appreciate it as much as me though. Must be a guy thing lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more! It is so inviting and comfortable to slide in bed with everything so fresh and clean. I even love the feeling of the sheets fitting so tightly after its just been made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love clean sheets so much ... clean sheet day is my favourite day of the week! ava x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love clean sheets too! hey miss mouse, since you are quite the traveler, wondered if you have any recc's for a good weekender bag?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice article admin thanks for share your atricle keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check mens winter jackets polo shirts kindly review and reply me

    ReplyDelete