Today is Friday the week is nearly over. Today it's all about Shabbat and preparing.
Now, mouse isn't Jewish, nor does she pretend to be, but she does try very hard to keep Shabbat and kosher, not because she believes but out of respect for Daddy's traditions. There are no extra 5 Things for Daddy because this whole day is really done for him. It's out of love and respect for his beliefs. If mouse had to pick a religion, it would probably be Judaism. Daddy doesn't mind that mouse fakes the prayers, or outrightly doesn't believe. What he sees is only the deference she offers.
It also cannot be over-stated that mouse loves this time of the year, because we light candles at 8:05PM. It gives mouse plenty of daylight to complete this seemingly exhaustive list.
The list for today is about renewing promises and fresh starts:
- Change all bedding, air mattresses
- Wash, fold, iron and put away sheets
- Run to bakery for Challah, candles and pie
- Pick-up dry cleaning
- Buy fresh flowers
- Keep certain lights on
- Light candles (all night candles) in fireplace
- Cut up meat, veggies for stew
- Prep chicken for meal
- Hard boil eggs
- Unplug washer/dryer, leave door open to air
- Turn off heater
- Tape light in refrigerator.
- Vacuum as needed
- Put stew in oven
- Cook chicken, side dishes, keep warm
- Fill thermos of hot water
- Fill kettle
- Empty pockets of money, tidy purse
- Polish Silver (if not done on Thursday)
- Replace toys with Shabbat toys
- Feed kids a snack
- Set Shabbat table
- Open 3 bottles of wine
- Save ice, turn off ice-maker
- Store water in refrigerator
- Make some appetizers
- Double check list!
- Breathe -- Enjoy Shabbat